Biography of Nancy McKeon, Net worth, Husband, Instagram, Movies, TV series, and Age.
Welcome to koksfeed
Nancy McKeon is the actress who became popular for her portrayal of Jo Polniaczek in the television series, The Facts of Life in 1980. She is also a writer, director, and producer who also began modeling at two years old.
Nancy has numerous film and television projects to her credit and has won awards for her work.
Quick Profile of Nancy McKeon
- Full Name: Nancy Justine McKeon
- Date of Birth: April 4, 1966
- Place of Birth: Westbury, New York
- Age: 55 years
- Zodiac sign: Aries
- Father: Donald McKeon
- Mother: Barbara McKeon
- Siblings: Philip McKeon (brother)
- Nationality: American
- Ethnicity: White
- Height: 5 feet 6 inches
- Weight: 61 kg
- Profession: Actress, producer, writer
- Spouse(s): Marc Andrus (m. 2003)
- Children: 2
- Net worth: $6 million
Get to know:
- Bruno Tonioli, Biography, Instagram, Net worth and Age.
- Wendy Okolo, The Most Promising Black Female Aerospace Engineer
- Nicole Mejia, Fitness Icon To Millions Around The World.
- Khia Lopez, Biography, Age and Net Worth
Nancy McKeon Biography
- Early Life and Education
- Works of Nancy McKeon
- Awards and Nominations
- Nancy McKeon Net worth
- Nancy McKeon husband
Early Life and Education
Going by her full name, Nancy Justine McKeon was born on April 4, 1966, in Westbury, New York to her parents, Donald McKeon, a travel agent, and Barbara McKeon, an author.
She has a brother named Philip McKeon, who was also an actor before his death after a long undisclosed sickness on December 10, 2019, at the age of 55 years.
Nancy started her entertainment career when she was two years old. She modeled baby clothing for the Sears & Roebuck catalog. Alongside her brother, Philip McKeon then, she also appeared in many commercials.
Thereafter in 1976, Philip was selected to play a major role on the television show, Alice. As she grew up, the family resided in Forest Hills, New York in Queens. Her family moved to Los Angeles, California.
For her high school education, Nancy studied at Bellarmine-Jefferson High School.
Read about Luchy Donalds, Nigerian Gifted Fast Rising Actress.
Having started modeling at the age of two, and starring in commercials, Nancy, has begun her career in the entertainment industry.
Within seven years, she and her late brother has already featured in more than 65 commercials.
However, her career as an actress began when she played her first TV role as Vikki Mayer in the 1977 TV series Starsky and Hutch and featured on Fantasy Island in 1978, then her appearance on the soap operas ‘The Secret Storm’ and ‘Another World’ followed.
The casting director for ‘The Facts of Life’ discovered her in 1979 based on her ability to cry on cue in a Hallmark advertisement.
Then in 1980, she got the part of tomboy Jo Polniaczek in the sitcom The Facts of Life, a successful coming-of-age comedy show that ran for nine years, exactly in 1988.
Other projects followed such as Poison Ivy – 1985), A Cry for Help: The Tracey Thurman Story – 1989, and in 1992 made her feature film debut in ‘Where the Day Takes You’ as Vikki.
In 1995, Nancy displayed Annie O’Donnell in the TV series ‘Can’t Hurry Love’. After the series was canceled after its first season, a few years later, she landed the role of Inspector Jinny Exstead in the crime drama series titled ‘The Division’.
She also featured in 88 episodes of the series from 2001-2004 as well as directed two episodes of the series. However, The Division was canceled in 2004.
During the period of the show, Nancy declined the opportunity to unite again with her The Facts of Life co-stars for a 2001 television movie.
In 2018, Nancy competed in the 27th season of Dancing With the Stars, having partnered with professional dancer Valentin Chmerkovskiy.
Unfortunately, she was among the celebrities that did not make it far in the competition as she was the third contestant to be eliminated from the dancing competition.
In 2019, she made a brief Cameo appearance by playing the role of Kathy in her most recent project TV movie ‘You Light Up My Christmas’.
Since her career took off, Nancy has quite featured in various film and TV productions.
Nancy McKeon Instagram
Works of Nancy McKeon
- Where the Day Takes You – 1992 as Vikki
- Teresa’s Tattoo – 1994 as Sara
- Just Write – 1997 as Bride
- Starsky and Hutch – 1977 as Vikki Mayer
- Fantasy Island – 1978 as Ann
- Scooby-Doo and Scrappy-Doo – 1979 as Additional Voices (voice)
- The Love Boat – 1979 as Penny Barrett
- Alice (1978-1981) as Kimberly / Girl Orphan
- Thundarr the Barbarian (1980-1981) as Tai / Tye
- ABC Afterschool Specials (1980-1983) as Nancy Parks / Lucy Twining
- The Facts of Life Goes to Paris – 1982 as Joanne Jo Polniaczek
- Dusty – 1983 as Slugger
- Poison Ivy -1985 as Rhonda Malone
- Firefighter – 1986 as Cindy Fralick
- Strange Voices (1987): Nicole Glover The Facts of Life Down Under (1987): Jo Polniaczek/Frizzo
- The Facts of Life (1980-1988):
- Martha Deadly Nightmares (1990): Dawn Wilder A Cry for Help: The Tracey Thurman Story – 1989 as Tracey Thurman
- Williams Lightning Field 1991 as Martha
- Baby Snatcher 1992 as Karen
- Love, Honor & Obey: The Last Mafia Marriage – 1993 as Rosalie Profaci Bonanno
- A Mother’s Gift – 1995 as Margaret Deal
- Can’t Hurry Love (1995-1996) as Annie O’Donnell
- In My Sister’s Shadow – 1997 as Joan Connor
- Style & Substance – 1998 as Jane Sokol
- Touched by an Angel – 1999 as Rachel Waters
- Comfort and Joy – 2003 as Jane Berry
- The Division (2001-2004) as Inspector Jinny Exstead
- Category 6: Day of Destruction – 2004 as Amy Harkin
- Wild Hearts – 2006 as Emily
- Without a Trace – 2007 as Gail Sweeney
- Sonny with a Chance (2009-2010) as Connie Munroe
- Love Begins – 2011 as Millie
- You Light Up My Christmas – 2019 as Kathy
Works As a Producer and Director
- Firefighter – 1986
- Strange Voices – 1987
- Can’t Hurry Love: 1995-1996
- A Wakening – 1999
- The Division: 2002-2003
Awards and Nominations
Nancy McKeon has won various awards so far in her career. They include:
- Nominated as the Best Young Comedienne in Motion Picture or Television for the ‘The Facts of Life’ in 1982.
- Won Best Young Actress in a Television Special for Please Don’t Hit Me, Mom in 1983.
- Won Best Young Actress in a Movie Made for Television ‘The Facts of Life Goes to Paris’ in 1983.
- Won Best Young Actress in a Comedy Series for ‘The Facts of Life’ in 1883
- Nominated as the Best Young Actress in a Comedy Series for ‘The Facts of Life’ in 1984
- Won Audience Award for Best Short Drama for ‘A Wakening’ in 2000.
- Won Crystal Palm Award for Best Short Film for ‘A Wakening’ in 2000.
- Nominated for Best Performance in a Drama Series Episode, ‘The Division’ in 2003.
- Nominated for Best Performance in a Drama Series ‘The Division’ in 2003.
- Nominated for Best Performance in a Drama Series Multi Episode Storyline, ‘The Division’ in 2004.
- Nominated for The ‘When Bad Teens Go Good’ Award for ‘The Facts of Life’ in 2007.
Nancy McKeon Net worth
Her net worth is estimated to be around $6 million.
Nancy McKeon husband.
Nancy McKeon got married to her husband, a film technician Marc Andrus June 8, 2003. They met in 1995 on the set of a movie.
Their marriage is blessed with two children: Aurora and Harlow Andrus, born in 2004 and 2006 respectively.
Biography of Nancy McKeon, Net worth, Husband, Instagram, Movies, TV series and Age.