Are you looking for how to turn dark mode on Snapchat On Android and iOS Devices?
Dark Mode changes the color of your Snapchat from light-blue to dark-gray and includes several features available in the other modes, such as filters, geo-filters, loops, and stories.
Snapchat dark mode lets you see your messages differently than the traditional light theme. You’ll also see a darker chat bubble with arrows on top, allowing people to control their voice volume by swiping up and down. There’s also a new color, black and white – it changes the colors of your snaps to match the dark mode.
This article will teach you how to turn dark mode on Snapchat On Android and iOS Devices. So that when things get too bright, or those late-night parties are coming up, you can enjoy using Snapchat with less eye strain.
Read on as we walk you through everything from why you should turn dark mode on Snapchat, how to find it in the app, and learn about some of the most fantastic effects this mode can provide.
What is Dark Mode on Snapchat?
Dark Mode on Snapchat is an option that turns your phone’s screen to dark color at night. This mode is designed to reduce eye strain and sleep disruption. Dark Mode is becoming more popular as people are looking for ways to reduce the amount of blue light exposure at night. Facebook, among other applications, offers a dark mode.
Why should I Turn Dark Mode On Snapchat?
Here are the reasons you should consider turning on dark mode on your Snapchat:
- Snapchat dark way is more beneficial for your eyes
- It saves your battery life
- It avoids distracting people
Snapchat Dark Mode is more beneficial for your eyes
People with sight disorders or diseases are often advised to use a dark background on devices because it’s healthier for their eyes. A dark background reduces the amount of blue light emitted from screens, which can cause eye fatigue and other problems over time.
It Saves Your Battery
Dark themes use less battery life on devices than light themes. It is because dark themes require less backlighting and thus use less power.
It Avoids Distracting People
The dark mode is a feature on some applications that changes the color scheme from Light to Dark. It can be helpful if you are in a situation where you need to keep the light down, such as in a movie theater or when trying not to wake up your partner next to you.
How To Turn Dark Mode on Snapchat on iOS and Android Devices
We are teaching you:
- How to turn Dark Mode on Snapchat on iOS
- How to turn Dark Mode on Snapchat on Android
How to turn Dark Mode on Snapchat on iOS
To turn Dark Mode on Snapchat on iPhone, follow the following steps:
- open the app and go into your profile.
- Click the icon in the top-left of the screen and tap Settings.
- Find App Appearance and find Dark Mode.
- Tap that, and you’ll be given three different options: Always Light, Always Dark, Match System.
Match System will put the app in tune with your iPhone’s system settings, so if you’re using a scheduled Dark Mode on iOS, then Snapchat will follow suit.
How to turn Dark Mode on Snapchat on Android
To activate Dark Mode on Snapchat for Android, first, go to “Settings” and turn ON “Dark theme” (in some Android phones, this setting might be called “dark mode”).
If it did not, you might need to take an extra step and activate developer mode.
To return to standard Snapchat functionality after turning on Dark Mode, follow these steps:
If you’ve got a different type of Android phone – such as a Samsung or OnePlus – you may need to follow additional steps.
- Tap on Build Information 6 times to activate Developer Mode.
- Tap this many times to access the Developer Mode options, which will appear as a new sub-menu in the Settings menu (Metro.co.uk).
- After that, go back to the Settings and choose the new Developer Options, which will have appeared in your menu.
- Toggle the Force Dark Mode panel to ‘on,’ and you’ll find that Snapchat now runs in Dark Mode.
How to Get Snapchat Dark Mode on iOS and Android
In this section, we want to show you:
- How to get Snapchat Dark Mode on iPhone
- How to get Snapchat Dark Mode on Android
- How to Get Dark Mode for Snapchat using 3rd Party App
How to get Snapchat Dark Mode on iPhone
To activate the dark mode, you need to tap your profile icon at the top of the screen. Once there, scroll down and find the Brightness and Colors section. You can then toggle the switch for Dark Mode to activate it.
How to get Snapchat Dark Mode on Android
- Launch the Snapchat app on your Android device.
- Press and hold down the camera button to open up your filters menu, where you can change it to Dark Mode.
How to Get Dark Mode for Snapchat using 3rd Party App
If you don’t want to wait for the latest Snapchat update, then there is a way to get dark mode on your Android device. You can download and install an app called Snap++ from the Google Play Store.
How to Use Snap++?
- Launch the app and allow it full access.
- You will be asked if you want to use dark mode or light mode, choose Dark
If you are already fed up with the official Snapchat app, there is no need to worry. Many third-party apps offer Dark Mode for Snapchat like SnapHack, and Sn.
How to Turn on Dark Mode on Snapchat Directly for iPhone Users
To enable dark mode on Snapchat for iPhone users, make sure the app is updated to the latest version.
There are three options: “Always Light,” “Match System,” and “Always Dark.”
“Always Dark” maintains a dark theme for the app regardless of the default iOS system theme.
- Tap on “Always Dark” to enable Snapchat’s dark mode.
- Snapchat has announced that iPhone users can use the dark mode feature.
To turn on dark mode on your Snapchat app for iPhone, follow these steps:
- Open the Snapchat app
- Go to the “Settings” tab
- Select “General”
- Scroll down and tap on “Dark Mode.”
You will now be able to toggle between light and dark modes on your phone!
How to Make Snapchat Dark Mode without App Appearance
There are two ways to turn on dark mode on Snapchat. The first way is to turn on dark mode within the app itself. To do this, open up the Snapchat app and swipe down from the top of the screen. Tap on “Settings” and then select “Dark Mode.” The second way is to enable dark mode without the App Appearance. You can do it by following a few simple steps:
- Go to your phone’s Settings menu.
- Scroll down and select “Display & Brightness.”
- Toggle “Night Shift” to ON (if it isn’t already).
- Turn off Auto-Brightness (optional).
- Select “Appearance” in the Display & Brightness menu.
- Toggle “Dark Mode” to ON.
Unfortunately, there is no way to make Snapchat’s dark mode without app appearance on some Android devices. The app has to be updated to enable the dark mode feature.
How you can Turn On Dark Mode on Snapchat in Samsung, Google Pixel, OnePlus
There are a few ways that you can enable Dark Mode on Snapchat. This section will show you how to do it on Samsung, Google Pixel, and OnePlus devices.
To turn on Dark Mode on Snapchat, you need to install the Preference Manager app and open it. From there, find the XML file and enable the DARK_MODE flag.
How to Turn off Dark Mode in Snapchat
Dark mode in Snapchat can be turned off by going to Settings > Display > Toggle off Dark Mode.
FAQ on Dark Mode on Snapchat
Is there official Dark Mode support for the Snapchat app on Android?
There is no official Dark Mode support for the Snapchat app on Android as of right now. However, there are a few unofficial methods that you can use to enable Dark Mode on your Android device.
Why Can’t I Find App Appearance On My Snapchat Account?
App Appearance is only available for verified accounts. If you have not confirmed your account, you will not be able to access this feature.
Why did Dark Mode on My Snapchat Disappear?
Updating your device’s operating system (OS) can cause Snapchat to no longer be compatible. If this is the case, you can try updating your Snapchat app to the latest version.
Was this article, How To Turn Dark Mode On Snapchat On Android and iOS Devices helpful to you?
Please share with your friends.